Front-and-Center: The HTC One (M8) Launch in London2014-04-01 08:51:57 HotNews 65人瀏覽
This is a guest post written by a member of HTC elevate, HTC’s VIP community for our top fans from around the world.
Testing out selfie mode.
Members of HTC elevate are on occasion given the opportunity to be involved in unforgettable experiences that pave the way for the future of HTC. Last Tuesday, 20 lucky HTC elevate members were invited to London for the European launch of the HTC One (M8) – a phone which is likely to become the best smartphone of 2014. I was one of those lucky members, and what an incredible event it was!
Making the train journey down to London from Hull, East Yorkshire, UK was both exciting and nerve-wracking for me, thinking about what was to come and waiting in anticipation for what HTC was going to show us. The build-up on Twitter kept me busy along the way, with the buzz growing hour-by-hour from other HTC fans that were also travelling to the capital – some to the launch itself and others to the select locations where the new device was going to go on sale immediately after the announcement.
Upon arrival at the event and registration, we were met by a huge room draped with HTC logos and designs with sneak previews of what we were going to be shown. Hundreds of photographers and journalists filled the rows behind us; with me and my fellow elevate members being given VIP seats on the front row! We were moments away from seeing what HTC were about to unveil.
Phil Blair, President of EMEA, welcomed the expectant crowd before Cher Wang, Chairwoman, talked about HTC’s history of designing game-changing devices and how successful last year’s HTC One flagship was. It was a fantastic feeling being just metres away from someone who has had such a huge influence on setting up HTC as a company and getting it to where it is today. This is the point we’d all been waiting for – the unveiling of the HTC’s new flagship phone. The excitement was unbearable as Cher held up the device on stage following a teaser video showing off the metallic feel and structure. The HTC One (M8) was here!
Scott Croyle, SVP & Head of Design and User Experience at HTC, then took the stage and showed us all the exciting new features of the device including the new Sense 6, improved BoomSound, the Duo Camera and the 90% aluminium body. For me, this was very exciting – this is the person you see online in all the HTC videos explaining how the designs were created and how the masterpieces are made – and I was sitting in the front row, hearing him talk about HTC’s new flagship.
Following the launch, we were given the opportunity to try out the HTC One (M8) and its new features with demonstrations from HTC experts and special sound-proof rooms to discover just how great the new BoomSound is. I was given the chance to experience the HTC One (M8) during the afternoon, and had lots of practice on the new Duo Camera and its new focussing features. I was really impressed with how well the features worked and how easy they were to pick up, having not used the device previously.
Playing with UFocus and Foregrounder effects on the M8′s Duo Camera.
Following lots of playing and trialling, the day came to an end with the 20 elevate members gathered to celebrate at a nearby restaurant. We discussed the launch, our favourite moments, and the best bits about the new phone – a great evening to relax and reflect on the experience HTC offered us throughout the day and to look forward to the HTC One (M8) becoming the best smartphone of the year.
Having had the chance to feel the device and explore its new tricks, I’ve got a long list of favourite features. Have you had the opportunity to get your hands on the HTC One (M8) yet, and what do you like most?
All photos taken with the HTC One (M8).
The post Front-and-Center: The HTC One (M8) Launch in London appeared first on HTC Blog.
- Helmet that detects polluted air can also be a comedian's prop
- BT sports channels are coming to Chromecast in the UK
- Raspberry Pi's new computer is somehow even smaller and cheaper
- The Morning After: To avoid censorship in India, Netflix, Amazon and Disney+ will self-regulate
- Former Panama dictator Manuel Noriega is suing Activision for putting him in Call of Duty
- Hyperion's hydrogen-electric XP-1 supercar is capable of 220 MPH
- NBC is streaming live to iOS and Android, but not 'Everywhere'
- Vimeo On Demand now allows pre-orders, offers separate purchase and rental prices
- Netflix's Daredevil TV show will be lead by Cabin in The Woods director Drew Goddard
- Watch a tiny robot fly an aircraft nearly as well as a real pilot
- 526℃Google Glass app from The New York Times now available to Explorers
- 447℃PSA: Free iCloud storage for MobileMe users to end on September 30th
- 415℃Verizon matches T-Mobile's success with 1.6 million new mobile customers
- 382℃Google+ photos get more 'pop' with new dynamic range tool
- 366℃NPD: 37% of PC users have switched to a smartphone or tablet to browse the Internet and check Facebook
- 365℃Watch Adobe show off its impressive AI-powered vertical video tech
- 300℃Apple will replace some faulty iPhone XS battery cases for free
- 246℃Cadillac’s 2021 Escalade will boast a 38-inch curved OLED screen
- 10-12'Destiny' racks up an average of 3.2 million players per day
- 02-07Instapaper for video app Watchlater adds public playlists and more after topping 1.15m monthly views
- 01-07This is what a $300 game controller looks like
- 05-28#HTCMeetup Recap: Around the World with the One
- 07-13Helsinki's future transportation grid will let you order any service from one app
- 11-17Engadget's laptop buyer's guide: fall 2013 edition
- 11-19Twitter pulls option that lets you receive direct messages from any follower
- 05-01Grooveshark's illegal music streaming service is extinct
- 09-27BMW's motorsport division announces first EV based on the i4
- 09-27SpaceX's reused rockets will carry national security payloads for the first time
- 09-26Recommended Reading: The new Apple Watch's blood oxygen feature
- 09-26Lucid Air EV runs the quarter-mile in just 9.245 seconds
- 09-26Watch Amazon's entire new hardware event right here
- 09-26All 45 seasons of SNL arrive on Peacock October 1st
- 09-25Capcom wants to bring 'Resident Evil Village' to PS4 and Xbox One
- 09-25This week's best deals: The first Apple Watch Series 6 discount and more