Extreme Power Saving Mode: Extend Your Phone’s Battery Life2014-05-31 07:30:45 HotNews 28人瀏覽
We’ve all had the same nightmare. You’re on your way to a big meeting, and you’re expecting a big call. You check your phone.
“Your battery is getting low,” reads a warning. You’ve left your charger at home and you start to feel a bit nervous. Don’t panic. Simply turn on “Extreme Power Saving” mode to conserve your phone’s remaining power.
Extreme Power Saving Mode gives you more standby time by limiting your phone’s use to its most basic functions. Introduced in the HTC One (M8)*, the mode can be automatically activated when your battery falls beneath a certain level as well.
To turn it on, click Settings > Power, and then tap the “Extreme power saving mode” switch. You can also activate the mode in “Quick Settings” by swiping down from the status bar using two fingers.
Aside from letting you use only the very basic apps (Phone, Messages, Mail, Calendar, and Calculator), the mode also cuts off the data connection when the screen is inactive, conserves CPU usage, decreases screen brightness, and disables phone vibration to boost the remaining power. If you need to access another app not on the tray, just tap “Exit”.
For now, you can go to your meeting with confidence that your phone won’t die on you before your important call. Another problem solved through HTC innovation!
More power-boosting settings
Customize your phone’s battery usage with personalized power options.
Here are some additional options on your phone:
- Power saver: A different mode than Extreme power saving that allows you to choose which battery-draining features you want to adjust, such as screen brightness and data connection.
- Sleep mode: Turn off data connections during long periods of inactivity by enabling sleep mode. Your HTC phone “learns” your regular sleep times based on your usage patterns. You can also manually set the sleep mode’s activation time.
- Usage: Find out which apps and tools use the most battery power, and adjust which ones you want to disable.
- Show battery level: Choose to display remaining battery power on your phone’s status bar and monitor your remaining power in real-time.
- Fast boot: This setting makes the startup and shutdown process a breeze. Disable it to extend battery power when your phone is in sleep mode.
We’ve built additional power features based on our user’s high-performance needs. Customizing your phone’s remaining power extends your battery life to achieve more. With so many customizable power usage options, what tips could you share to extend your phone’s battery life?
*Feature included as Sense 6 upgrade. Certain restrictions apply. See your local carrier for complete details.
The post Extreme Power Saving Mode: Extend Your Phone’s Battery Life appeared first on HTC Blog.
- Google patent takes the social out of social networking: technology writes 'personalized reactions' for you
- The Best Portable Vaporizer (so far)
- Arduino's new 3D printer lets you modify just about everything
- BET brings live broadcasts to its iOS and Android apps
- Google-built media player hits the FCC, reveals only a Hitchhiker's Guide reference
- Hands-on with Acer's 2014 Iconia Android tablets
- Of course 'Law & Order: SVU' is doing a GamerGate episode
- Google triples max bounty for Chrome bugs to make the browser safer for users
- Bringing Audio Speak to the Masses
- The 'father of manga' joins Google's Cultural Institute
- 297℃Google Glass app from The New York Times now available to Explorers
- 285℃Watch Adobe show off its impressive AI-powered vertical video tech
- 282℃Verizon matches T-Mobile's success with 1.6 million new mobile customers
- 281℃PSA: Free iCloud storage for MobileMe users to end on September 30th
- 249℃Google+ photos get more 'pop' with new dynamic range tool
- 242℃NPD: 37% of PC users have switched to a smartphone or tablet to browse the Internet and check Facebook
- 214℃Apple will replace some faulty iPhone XS battery cases for free
- 193℃Neon’s ‘artificial human’ avatars could not live up to the CES hype
- 03-12Audi promises an all-electric SUV in 2018
- 10-04Microsoft turns Cortana into a Klingon-speaking Starfleet officer
- 02-17The Morning After: The Galaxy Z Flip's glass screen isn't as tough as we thought
- 10-17Amazon's grocery service hits Brooklyn starting today
- 08-05US billboards to display interactive paintings to teach you art history
- 06-26BT doesn't want the burden of building landlines anymore
- 02-07PlayStation Mobile Free Game: Aqua Kitty – Milk Mine Defender
- 11-30Put your Game Boy on the big screen with this HDMI adapter
- 05-26What's on TV this week: HBO Max, 'Space Force' and 'Uncut Gems'
- 05-26What does Apple want from a VR events company?
- 05-26Save $70 on a Nest WiFi bundle at Best Buy and the Google Store
- 05-25Amazon sale drops the price of a Kindle to $60
- 05-25Hacked NES Power Glove controls a modular synth with finger wriggles
- 05-25Texas Instruments makes it harder to run programs on its calculators
- 05-25The latest iOS jailbreak cracks virtually any iPhone
- 05-24After Math: Some good news for a change